Nell Baugh International Scholarship Award
In order to actively promote the continued development of the international business community in Memphis, the Memphis World Trade Club is working closely with the University of Memphis to provide the Nell Baugh International Scholarship Award to an undergraduate international business student.
Beginning in the Fall Semester of 2000, this scholarship will cover one-half of a student’s annual tuition (for a one year period). Funds for the scholarship are being raised throughout the year at our monthly meetings and through our annual golf tournament.
Nell W. Baugh Scholarship Criteria:
- Available at the Fogelman College of Business at The University of Memphis.
- Annual scholarship amount:$2,500
- Required major: international business
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 2.75
- A scholarship recipient can receive this award for a maximum of two years
- Full-time undergraduate Junior and Seniors only (Beginning in the Fall 2002, this scholarship will also be available for Graduate MBA students).
- The recipient must be a U.S. citizen. Out-of-state students are eligible.
To apply for the scholarship or for more information, please call the U of M Undergraduate Advising Office (Room 114), at 901-678-2855.
The 2012 Nell Baugh Scholarship Winner is Ariel Sweet. Ariel is studying Information Systems & Supply Chain Management at The University of Memphis.
Ariel Sweet Profile:
Majors: Management Information Systems & Supply Chain Management
Activities: Vice President, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Epsilon Epsilon chapter
member, Black Scholars Unlimited
member, MILE program
Hobbies: Reading, Pinterest
Aspirations: Future CEO
Note from Ariel:
I am very thankful to be chosen as the 2013 Nell Baugh Scholarship recipient. As a student at the University of Memphis studying at Fogelman College of Business & Economics, I plan to continue pursuing my education here in order to help with my future endeavors.
Ariel L. Sweet
The University of Memphis- Fogelman College of Business & Economics